L’Illa mountain refuge
This manned mountain refuge is located right below the dam of Lake l’Illa, 2,488 metres above sea level, in the Parish of Encamp.
It is located at the heart of the Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley, which was declared a World Heritage of Mankind by UNESCO in 2004. It was built at the same location as the former unmanned L’Illa refuge and has 6 rooms that sleep 8 people. All rooms are fully equipped, including bunk beds, mattresses, showers, bathrooms, etc. The refuge has also a terrace and a bar opened for the customers.
What should I bring with me?
- Good footwear for mountain walking and suitable clothing for the mountain.
- Comfortable clothes for the night.
- There’s no need to bring comfortable shoes because we will give you Crocs for our clients.
Do I have to bring bed sheets?
No. Each client will get ecological bed sheets.
When does the refuge close?
The mountain refugi will close next 31 October.
Additionally, it offers the following services:
- Pernoctació 20€
- Mitja pensió (pernoctació + sopar + esmorzar) 55€
- Esmorzar 10€
- Menjar 20€
- Pic nic 12€
- Plat del dia 12€
* 10% : Federats i grups de 10 a 24 persones
* 20% : Menors 12 anys, ruta dels 4 refugis guardats, ruta Coronallacs i grups +25 persones.
Overnight outing: Hike beginning at Grau Roig at 3 p.m., passing through Pessons and ending at L’Illa. Approximate duration: 5 hours. Includes half-board accommodation.
€110 (1 or 2 people)
€130 (3 or 4 people)
€150 (5 or 6 people)
Day- route: Hike beginning at one of several locations, ending at L’Illa Refuge for lunch.
€90 (1 or 2 people)
€115 (3 or 4 people)
€130 (5 or 6 people)
- 100% NatuaL-MENT : a weekend in which to combine natural and healthy cooking workshops with activities such as yoga and excursions. Know more
- Gastronomic Dinner at the Refugi de l'Illa: a special night to enjoy a gastronomic dinner, one night and breakfast in height. Know more