Walking routes in Encamp
Feeling alive and full of energy surrounded by nature and unique landscapes can not only be lived in your dreams.
Under the snow of the slopes and mountains of the Grandvalira territory you will find an incomparable beauty of Andorran fauna and flora.
World Heritage sites by UNESCO
Andorra has World Heritage sites by UNESCO, amazing natural scenarios that activate all the senses, create unforgettable memories and unique moments, both going alone or accompanied. Areas that are not accessible by car and that you can only discover with the trekking routes. Get lost, watch and enjoy.
In Encamp we offer a Premium service of mountain guides for clients who want to access on foot and make an route to know and discover the most emblematic landscapes of the Principality of Andorra. There will be walking routes in Andorra for initiation level and other routes with a more advanced physical level, as well as there is also the possibility of making via ferrata in the area of the Isards in Pas de la Casa or in Grau Roig.
We offer excursions in Andorra with 3-hour mountain routes that include a menu with mountain rice at the Restaurant Refugio Lago de Pessons (€20 per person).
Encamp hiking trails
- Outing to the Estanys de Pessons (Pessons Lakes) (3 hours) + lunch in the Llac dels Pessons restaurant: These outings are adapted to all the different levels of fitness of the customers. They start from the first lake (access by vehicle) and last approximately 3 hours. The excursions end at the Llac dels Pessons restaurant where you can enjoy the mountain rice menu along with the spectacular views of the Pessons Circle.
- Via ferrata + lunch in the Llac dels Pessons restaurant: Via ferratas are climbing routes located in rocky walls equipped with specific elements (cables, ladders, etc.) to guarantee the safety of the users. It is a different way of getting to know the mountains, with special sensations and more adrenaline given the verticality of the routes that we may encounter. Good physical conditions required as well as mountain shoering. The via ferrata in the area are: Via ferrata dels Isards, Pic Negre and Bony d’Envalira. However, they do require a more advanced technical level. You can also round these off with the mountain rice menu at the Refugi Llac dels Pessons restaurant.
- Peak conquering hike + Lunch at Restaurant Llac de Pessons: Enjoy the very best views from atop Pic de Pessons, Pic de Ribuls or Alt de Cubil, among others. These excursions end at Restaurant Llac de Pessons. The only requirements are being in good shape and wearing adequate footwear for hiking.
- Climbing along Ridges + Lunch at Restaurant Llac de Pessons: Passing along the jagged rock ridges to the far end of the valley is an experience that leaves an impression. There are several different itineraries varying in difficulty so that, regardless of your level, you can enjoy these amazing routes. Mountain footwear is required. No prior experience required.
- Climbing high-mountain rock walls + Lunch at Restaurant Llac de Pessons: The Pas de la Casa – Grau Roig sectors afford visitors the chance of climbing granite rock walls. Several itineraries are available, adapted to different difficulty levels. All of them take place amidst untamed and rugged wilderness and are led by an experienced mountain guide. Rock-climbing footwear is required, as well as a minimum level of climbing experience.
- Free climbing course + Lunch at Restaurant Llac de Pessons: Delve into the world of rock climbing with the help of our experienced professionals. This course will help you safely learn rock-climbing techniques in the Pas de la Casa – Grau Roig surroundings. No prior rock-climbing experience is required. All courses are adapted to each customer's needs and goals. Rock-climbing footwear is required.